Monday, November 30, 2015

This I Believe--BriAnna

Second Chances Are Just As Important As the First Ones
I believe that second chances are just as important as the first ones. For as long as I can remember, I have had a soft heart for other people and their mistakes. Forgiveness is something that has always come natural for me, and while others may see it as a weakness, I believe that my own second chances have only made me a stronger, better person. So why not give others the same opportunities?
Mistakes are part of being human and sometimes I think we need to be reminded that we are all human, no one above another. Somethings take longer to forgive, and some second chances take longer to earn, but everyone deserves a second chance. While we all differ in various ways, one need we all have is the need for forgiveness. There’s not one person who can say they’ve never needed a second chance at something, a chance to be better or a chance to fix something broken. People are dishonest, self- centered, and at times maybe even cruel, but we are supposed to love them anyways.

Forgiveness means experience, moving forward, and love. I believe that second chances are the answer for many of everyone’s problems. We’re all so stuck to holding on to hurt and bitterness that we ourselves start to need the forgiveness just as much as the person who’s done wrong to us. Forgiveness is not “condoning” or “excusing” the mistakes someone has made, it is acknowledging that someone else has hurt you, or done wrong and choosing to do right by them instead of creating a pattern of hurt.   Second chances make better people, and I believe that second chances are just are important as the first ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment